Sunday, August 3, 2008

L.C. Will Not Be Pleased

I am currently on the hunt for the perfect homecoming dress! Even though the dance is in October, I just really want to have an excuse to be browsing online for hours. Yesterday, my hunt began to veer off track as I headed to the Kitson site (Kitson doesn't really carry formal dresses). On the homepage was this (below):




















Why won't L.C. be pleased? L.C.'s line has been dropped by Kitson boutiques, while Heidi Montag's (above, left) line, Heidiwood for Anchorblue, sold out at Kitson stores. The Hills stars are, shall we say, "frenemies".













































Though Heidi is portrayed in the adored reality show as the villain, she takes the prize in terms of her line. It's not really my style, but Lauren's line (above) consists of over-priced basics with identical styles available at Fred Flare, Forever 21, Urban Outfitters and American Apparel for a sixth of the price.

Come on L.C.!

Tune of the Day: Foundations by Kate Nash

Infinite Xs and Os,
Supercalifashionista

12 comments:

Little Bow Prep said...

I must agree, I can definitely see why LC's line is not doing very well- there are very simple, yet quite pricey, and there are exactly the same items at a fraction of the price.

Little Bow Prep said...

Hi!

I’m tagging you! I’d be superhonored if you would do the tag, but if you don’t want to, no worries!

Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marie said...

I really disliked LC's line. It was as if she had no inspiration? I like how you compared her collection with urban outfitter.

Do go towards a new direction, i decided to create a whole new blog. "FASHIONISTOSTYLE.blogspot.com"

Times of Glory said...

LC's line doesn't set very well. You look for a homecoming dress? Yes, you are very wise... you need to start now. It is easy to find a dress, but it is hard to find the PERFECT one xxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Ahh, hello. I just stumbled upon your blog and I love it!! I have a blog also, not a personal on though. More of a celeb fashion inspiration blog. Anyhow I totally love what you're posting and I am looking forward to reading more. Adding you to the blogroll. Keep it up :)

emily said...

haha, i hate heidi, but i can definitely see her line doing better than lc's.

Syed said...

LC's line does seem rather overpriced and not very special. Eurgh, I hate Heidi, but she probably will sell more.

biba_46 said...

L.C. is such a stupid spoilt brat... I guess nowadays anyone can be called a "fashion designer"

meliindaa. said...

LC's line isn't unique, but heidi's isnt any better! i dont understand...who is buying her stuff?!

Emma said...

i don't love the heidiwood line but i always secretly liked her better than lauren. hah! love the blog

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA that is SOOO funny