Wednesday, October 8, 2008

For Good






















I know, I keep saying "I'm back, I promise" and follow up with a month-long hiatus. Well this time I'm back for good! The high school golf season ended Monday at our district tournament and my obligations as our Student Advisory Board's chair of the homecoming parade have been lifted as of yesterday.






















My high school's homecoming theme this year is The Wizard of Oz, ergo our float (above) was a tornado-damaged cottage complete with crushed witch legs donning ruby slippers I fashioned out of an old pair of Isaac Mizrahi for Target kitten-heels by coating them with red glitter. Emma (of Six Miles South of North Platte) stands next to our fabulous tornado complete with a struggling "farmer Ken," and various pieces of Barbie furniture. It pained me watching Barbie's beloved Pepto-Bismol-pink living room set being welded to the structure, but in the end the sacrificing of the sofa was worth it: Our float took first place!

Tune of the Day: Keeps Gettin' Better by Christina Aguilera

Infinite Xs and Os,
Supercalifashionista

2 comments:

ETL said...

WOOOOOOOOOOO SAB!!! I am such a dedicated member!!

Little Bow Prep said...

Our float got second, but our Musical Extravaganza got first!

My school's Homecoming Week was this week too. It was so busy! I'm on Student Government as well, so I had to sell tickets, host one of the pep rallies, and help a bit with the technology for the skit, cheer, and musical extravaganza competition.

I just finished decorating the gym today for tonight's dance!

Hope your dance is awesome!