Monday, July 14, 2008

Citizen Payne















Well, what started out as an extremely boring evening turned into a rather star-struck one! My parents dragged me to Feature 2008, a fundraiser in support of Film Streams featuring Omaha born and raised Oscar-winning director Alexander Payne and acclaimed actress Laura Dern. I originally thought spending an evening with my parents was going to be dreadful, but I turned out to be mistaken. About five minutes before the presentation, one of my mom's best friends who works for the Holland Center (where the benefit took place) yanked me backstage and introduced me (above, right) to Alexander Payne (above, left) and shoved me next to him for a rather blurry picture (above). Payne's various projects include Citizen Ruth, Election, About Schmidt, and Sideways. Knowing that a genius of film grew up here in Omaha really makes me feel as though I can achieve anything, no matter where I'm from.

Tune of the Day: Go On, Say It by Blind Pilot

Infinite Xs and Os,
Supercalifashionista

7 comments:

Little Bow Prep said...

Oooh, that sounds like fun! I loved Election! Once in middle school someone said that I was very similar to Tracy Flick... I'm not quite sure that was meant to be a compliment.

Kaitlin Rae said...

thats super cool that you got to meet those people, i should check out those films

class act said...

Cute top your wearing in that picture!

Marie said...

Sideways is one of my favorite movies! You sounded like you had a great time. Admirable post! [:

Times of Glory said...

Wowwwwwww! That's incredible! How cool! I will check them out xxxxx

Secretista said...

This sounds so posh!

Guirec Munier said...

U r a fashion addict ! If u want, I invite u to come to see some of the most beautiful heels, dresses and bags of the Paris fashion weeks and many more...!