Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy Half-Birthday















Today is my half-birthday!  Sure, to some, half-birthdays are occasions that go unnoticed. I've honestly always have felt the same way, that is until this year.  I'm halfway to sixteen. Halfway to a license! Halfway to being half done with high school!  I'm sorry, that's enough "halves"!  
















If only half-birthdays were celebrated like regular birthdays, complete with gifts and well...half of a cake!  I frankly didn't even know it was my half birthday today.  I was browsing ShopBob when I came across a silver metallic Anna Sui dress (above, left) that was absolutely darling.  Looking for excuses I could use to obtain the sacred digits of my mom's Visa, I noticed it was my half-birthday! That didn't sway her, so I guess I'll have to wait another six months until the actual date of my birth.  What a shame, the dress would look perfect with Van Cleef an Arpels Alhambra earrings (above, top, right) and ruby red London Sole flats (above, bottom, right).

Do you celebrate your half-birthday?

Tune of the Day:  Black & Gold by Sam Sparro

Infinite Xs and Os,
Supercalifashionista (who is halfway to sixteen)

11 comments:

meliindaa. said...

I don't usually celebrate my half birthday, but i love your 1/2cake so much i think i will! haha. congrats on being halfway to your license, i can't wait for mine too.

Little Bow Prep said...

Yes, I do celebrate my half birthday, I love cake, and a half birthday is a good excuse to pig out!

I always had a normal-sized cake for my birthday, but I like your half-sized cake! I think I will try to learn to bake so that I can make one for myself on my next half-birthday!

the.luxe.interim said...

I do celebrate my half birthday, but unfortunately, those around me do not. hahaha. Adore the dress, tres beautiful- and happy half birthday, hun! :)

Madame Dior said...

this is actually the first time i have heard of half birthday, that Anna Sui dress is to gorgeous to not buy, i would have tried a half birthday on my parents too! =]

p.s happy half birthday

Marie said...

I never celebrate 1/2 bdays, but I might change that, after looking at your post. I hope you had a good one! [:

Times of Glory said...

Congrats on your 1/2 birthday! Yes, it actually has more than enough meanings to celebrate! And that cake is cute and yummy! Dear, Hope you have had a great one xxxxxxx

yiqin; said...

Happy half birthday!!! Hmmm my mum claims I celebrate my birthday all year round cause I keep claiming presents from her!=X

Alice in Wonderland said...

Happy 1/2 birthday, fellow Capricorn! :-)

Miss at la Playa said...

lol, I have never celebrated my half-birthday, but I should1! :P

Nikki said...

That idea never occured to me, but I have to say I love it! For now, my 'real' birthday is coming up, though, and I'm really looking forward to being 16 as well. :)

Anonymous said...

Amazing dress!