Thursday, July 3, 2008

With a Cherry on Top
















My many apologies for not blogging sooner!  Well, I have a couple of updates.  For one, we got our power back!  Praise the Lord!  And secondly, I am currently on vacation in Minneapolis, Minnesota with my family for my mom's birthday.  Really glamorous, right? 
Actually Minneapolis is a very urban, yet beautiful city with as many fabulous boutiques (outside of the Mall of America) as gorgeous lakes.  My parents lived in Minneapolis for six years during my dad's residency in a neighborhood which they called "Swedish Harlem", while my mom of course worked at Minneapolis's 70's-chic department store, Dayton's, for the discount.  I still laugh today at the fact that my mom lit her Dayton's-discounted Gucci bag on fire at a bar when it fell on top of a candle!

In "aging-parent's" tradition, my parents and I did something extremely juvenile for my mom's birthday:  We went mini golfing. No, no, we didn't zoom on down to the local Putt Putt! The renowned Minneapolis modern art museum, the Walker, featured "Walker on the Green: Artist-Designed Mini-Golf".  Local as well as international artists and designers were called upon to fabricate challenging mini golf holes (below).



















































































Sure, it was a little corny, but totally fun!  So often we take for granted spending time with our family.  It turns out that turning off your phone, going on a family road trip and getting away from the craziness of your social circle, along with some retail therapy can really do you and your closet good!  

Tune of the Day:  All Summer Long by Kid Rock

Happy birthday mommy,
Infinite Xs and Os,
Supercalifashionista

9 comments:

Secretista said...

That sounds awesome! What an amazing golf course!

Anonymous said...

that looks soo fun.
that kid rock song has been in my head all day :)

meliindaa. said...

hahaa that looks like funn! cute outfit, too! your mom accidentally lit a gucci bag on fire?!

yiqin; said...

I want to learn how to play golf too! I lvoe the pictures! Your outfit is adorable.

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh. Mini golf. Bet that was a piece of cake for you, Miss Varsity golf. Haha but I love the Paul Bunyan (how the hell do you spell that?!) course. Have a grand trip =]

Ida said...

What a lovely post! I loved all of the awesome shots - seriously amazing - and especially enjoyed reading the last paragraph. So very true.

FabFashionista said...

Looks like fun!!!

Live.Love.Laugh.

Little Bow Prep said...

ooooh, I love mini golf! I really like your picture with all the ropes, and that golf course does look rather amazing.

I always wanted to see Mall of America. I heard there was a roller coaster there! I was born in Minnesota, but I haven't been back there since I was like 2 months old :)

Supercalifashionista said...

Thank you for the comments dolls!

coutureeyourself: "All Summer Long" is stuck in my head too!

i think thats hautte: Yep! She did! I'm ashamed of my genetics.

six miles south of north platte: Actually I scored the highest! Varsity golf doesn't do any good in mini golf!

ida: Yes, family time is important!

little bow prep: The bottle hole was my favorite as well!