Saturday, July 26, 2008

Omigod You Guys

About a year ago after my eighth grade trip to Washington D.C., my mom met me at the airport and we took an Amtrak up to New York for the weekend. We had breakfast with my Godmother, shopped (of course) and saw Legally Blonde The Musical. My mom originally gave me two choices: See Rufus Wainwright in concert, or see Legally Blonde The Musical. Well, my little eighth grade self (I know, it was only a year ago, still) obviously chose to see Legally Blonde The Musical

Needless to say, it was fabulous! A total chick-play, it was still fantastic, and very...blonde. As a blonde and a lover of musicals,I fell head over four-inch pink stilettos (which every female cast member had to train to dance in) for Legally Blonde The Musical. So you can imagine my utter obsession with MTV's Legally Blonde The Musical: The Search For Elle Woods.























Ten "Elle's" competed in challenges from belting "What You Want" (the feel-good anthem where Elle persuades Harvard she is what they want) while spinning on a bike (above, top) to dancing in high-heeled boots on the cobble-stoned streets of Brooklyn (above, below), until the darling Southern belle, Bailey Hanks (below, and isn't her dress darling?), was chosen to become Elle Woods on broadway for six months.



















I can't even begin to tell you how many times the Legally Blonde: The Musical (Original Cast Recording) has been circulating on my iPod!

Tune of the Day: So Much Better by Legally Blonde: The Musical (Original Cast Recording)

Infinite Xs and Os,
Supercalifashionista

5 comments:

Ashleigh said...

haha sounds AWESOME....hey im 22, blonde and ALSO interested in this...wonder if it will come to Toronto...prob not...

Stranger said...

aww the dress is very cute. not sure i could dance in those heels tho. may trip and fall.

Secretista said...

Yea the show is pretty spiffy and cute.

Syed said...

Oh wooow, sounds fun! I LOVED Legally Blonde!! And thank you so so much for the lovely comment :)

Little Bow Prep said...

I loved Legally Blonde!

Her dress is quite lovely.