Sunday, July 13, 2008

It's a Guy Thing















I recently went to Film Streams for a showing of the famed Woody Allen film, Annie Hall (above). The movie was a fabulous romantic comedy, though I have to say that I paid most of my attention to Diane Keaton's (who played Annie in the film) bold apparel. By layering boyish blazers over vests and button-downs, donning billowy bell bottoms and long swaying skirts, Diane Keaton's (above, left) distinct style became the inspiration for the women of the fashion world during the late 70's.























Take a tip from the boys in a J. Crew button-down, J. Crew trousers, a Forever 21 Vest, a Brookes Brothers tie, a Longchamp tote and Made by Elves oxfords!

Tune of the Day: Like a Boy by Ciara

Infinite Xs and Os,
Supercalifashionista

P.S. Please wish a speedy recovery to Miss Couturable!

11 comments:

Persianista said...

supercalifashionista...you are beyond fabulous! haha, seriously can't wait to see you as Editor of Vogue!

Lindsay Lee said...

Oh Anne! You're so cute. I wish we talked more this year, oh well we will this fall! I love your blog, but yes it will remain hush hush...how are you doing?

ryder said...

love man outfits.i personaly ware them most of the time. they can be so feminine.

Sam said...

love the outfti you put together and the pop of yellow!

yiqin; said...

Ahhh fab fab fab. I lvoe those yellow pants. So bright & cheery!

Little Bow Prep said...

I wish I could pull off such brightly colored pants!

Oh, I've seen the movie before! I can't say that I have ever actually worn a "man outfit" before, but I wear a ponytail sometimes... does that count? :)

saray said...

great outfit~!

class act said...

I never would have thought to pair a longchamp bag with that outfit. The thought of it seems too preppy, but seeing everything in one picture pulls the outfit together nicely. Nice job

Unknown said...

Believe it or not, I just saw this movie a week ago on tv and LOVED the clothes- especially the one outfit Diana Keaton wore, grey high waisted trousers and a white sap sleeved blouse. I am on the hunt!

Unknown said...

Make that Diane not Diana, and capped sleeved not sap sleeved. Note to self- try not to nap and blog at the same time!

Secretista said...

Diane Keaton is my ultimate fashion icon. Even the stuff she wears now is fierce! What I love about her style is that, well, it's hers. I want that. I want to create a style of my own that defines me.