Friday, July 4, 2008

A Not So American Holiday



















I had quite an interesting fourth of July!  Generally, my family and I stay in town for the holiday and enjoy all that Omaha's Americana has to offer, but this year was slightly different as we were in Minneapolis:  We went to the British restaurant and bar, Brit's Pub (above).Yes, I know, on this day two hundred and thirty-two years ago we declared independence from the Brits.  Though that didn't stop us from enjoying fish and chips and lawn bowling, located on top of the building offering us a fantastic view of the city's fireworks!  But I did stay true to my American roots by wearing my new red, white and blue dress from Nordstrom and Steve Madden gladiators (below) I purchased today.















































I even got to meet the owner of Brit's, Freddie (above).  My God, a good English accent makes me go weak at the knees! I had to buy a Brit's Pub t-shirt, with "Easy Tiger" inscribed on the back (above).  Freddie said that mine should say "Easy Tigress", but I found this one to be perfect as I always say "Easy there tiger!" when my friends get hotheaded! 

Tune of the Day:  Deceptacon by Le Tigre

Infinite Xs and Os,
Supercalifashionista

9 comments:

Madame Dior said...

lovely outfit, your dress is so cute and you look gorgeous

Miss at la Playa said...

I love the pic of the shoes! :) It is very cute

Sam said...

i love your dress!
so very 4th of july.

ETL said...

Hot dog! Cute outfit! Don't wonder some day if those shoes go missing from your closet...
And I love love LOVE the Brit's Pub T-shirt!

Marie said...

I adore your outfit. The dress is really stunning.

Supercalifashionista said...

Thanks for the comments sweeties!

madamedior: Thank you! I love the dress as well, very patriotic.

etl: Yes, ever since your gladiators bit the dust!

fashion's the word: Thank you so much! I saw it and thought "The perfect fourth of July outfit!".

Miss White said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your Fish and Chips, it's true, we really do love 'em here in the UK... Your dress is so pretty!

Guirec Munier said...

U r a fashion addict ! If u want, I invite u to come to see some of the most beautiful heels, dresses and bags of the Paris fashion week !

See u !

yiqin; said...

That is such an awesome dress! You look so adorable! I love fireworks too! It's going to be our national day soon! :D