Saturday, June 28, 2008

Ah, The Charms of Living in Tornado Alley















There was a huge storm in Omaha yesterday! Now one hundred and twenty-thousand people are without power, more importantly, their wireless internet!  The worst part:  We might not get our power back for days.  I can't even begin to tell you the pain of watching your computer die a slow and painful death.  I don't think I'll even be ready to face my cell phone's mortality, let alone my iPod's.  Their hours of offering me a connection to the outside world are numbered.

But...

...My family and I were sneaky.  My dad is a doctor, and his office (above) connects to the hospital's power system.  Meaning, that the hospital's generator (which is always running) is giving his office power.  So let's just say we went in for a little charge session this morning with all of our electronics.  

Speaking of electronics, I wish I would've asked for these Solio solar-powered chargers (below) for Christmas!












All you have to do is simply place the charger in sunlight and find the appropriate plug for your cell phone or iPod!

Tune of the Day:  I Owe You One by Lights

Powerless-ly yours,
Infinite Xs and Os,
Supercalifashionista (who really needs to straighten her hair)

9 comments:

Danz said...

That really sucks but you're lucky your dad has connections (corny pun intended) :)

Sam said...

that charger is so cool!
and i loved your made up word: fantastical!

yiqin; said...

My, it is really cool!!! It'll really save a lot of our electricity bill! I really like that you jsut have to find the plug to plug your appliance in!

FabFashionista said...

That is terribly sad that this occured but at least your Dad's a doctor!! Super cool and very very helpful when your sick I'm sure!!

The charger you suggested for Christmas is a terrific and fab idea!!

Live.Love.Laugh.

Secretista said...

Uhahhh! No power??! Sorry dear. At least you're okay and not in drowning water from the hurricane. Wow solar chargers?!!?! WHAT?!?!?! I'm so going to buy one.

Times of Glory said...

That sounds really bad, but you are very lucky that your dad has that connections! Hope everything will be back to normal soon.

Wowwww, that solar charger is really cool! Superb!

Marie said...

That is completely horrible, although your dad's a doctor. I'd die without internet.

That charger looks really awesome and it really makes me want it.

Fashion-Obsessed! said...

Hey, haha that is sneaky, but i would do the same :)
I love reading your blog
Great post
:)

Supercalifashionista said...

Thank you for the comments darlings! Thank god we have power now!