Monday, June 23, 2008

Trekking Through Trocadéro

This afternoon, I volunteered downtown at Film Streams.  But before I fulfilled my Trendy Ticket Taker duties, I slipped in a little shopping at Trocadéro.





























Trocadéro is a fabulous Omaha boutique in the Old Market owned by Alice Kim (of blog Postcards from Omaha).  Alice Kim (also known as Alice in Wonderland) previously worked at InStyle as the accessories director in addition to her fifteen years of experience in the New York magazine industry.  About a year ago, Alice migrated West.  No, not to Los Angeles, but to good old Omaha, where she opened her boutique selling bags, shoes, jewelry, body care products, home decor, books and gifts.  The chic boutique features bag and shoes by designers such as L.A.M.B. by Gwen Stefani (the store even features an autographed picture of Gwen wishing Alice the best of luck), Lambertson Truex, Giuseppe Zantotti and Sigerson Morrison (Kari Sigerson is actually from Omaha), jewelry designers such as Helen Ficalora, Alex+Ani and Anne Black, beauty and fragrance by Bond No. 9, Marvis and Korres.  Now why did Alice leave her Devil Wears Prada-esque lifestyle for Omaha, Nebraska?  Apparently it all started when Alice saw an article in The New York Times about Omaha's Old Market by Kurt Andersen, a former Nebraska native who actually attended my high school.  "That article made me think, 'I really have this strange fascination with Omaha, and it seems, according to this article, that there's something going on in terms of the growth and the opportunities that are happening down in the Old Market," says Alice.  

In my eyes, Alice Kim is a gift from the fashion Gods, who brought her impeccable taste, style and charm to the Omaha area! The minute I set foot in the store, I fell in love with everything Trocadéro!  Even though I had about five minutes to spare, I picked up this darling bracelet (below). 

   














Tune of the Day:  La belle et le bad boy by MC Solaar

Infinite Xs and Os,
Supercalifashionista

8 comments:

FabFashionista said...

Wow! That's awesome!

Isn't it super fab and funky to find these amazing finds in your own little town?

I guess I'll have to come visit Nebraska.

Live.Love.Laugh

the.luxe.interim said...

Your post totally made me just want to get out of SoCal and come to Nebraska- that is so cool! Oh, and on the comment on my blog, you said that your dad is a doctor and he also deals with psychos- the whole arsenic thing... WOAH! It's crazy how many insane people there are in the world...

Times of Glory said...

Darling, you did a great review and she is very talented and gifted in fashion! The shop is soooooooooo stylish and I wish I could be there now xxxxx

Marie said...

I really enjoyed your review. It kind of makes you feel like anyone can become a boutique owner. Great post!

Supercalifashionista said...

Thank you for the comments! Yes, I adore Trocadéro! It is like an island of fashionable hope in an Abercrombie sea!

jasonbob said...

kyrie 6
hermes birkin
supreme clothing
supreme outlet
supreme hoodie
yeezy wave runner 700
jordan retro
golden goose
air jordan
yeezy

Anonymous said...

click here now replica bags visit site Prada Dolabuy try these out luxury replica bags

Anonymous said...

off white hoodie
fear of god
bape outlet
bape
bapesta shoes
cheap kyrie shoes
hermes birkin bag
hermes outlet
goyard outlet
bape