Thursday, June 12, 2008

Give Me, Cute Sheets to Build a Dream On

Magazines, they come in every shape and size.  These inch-thick bound majesties tend to occupy a lot of space after you've neglected to recycle any, as I found out this morning!  It was becoming ridiculous, magazine on top of magazine, creating a two-foot side table to the armchair in my room.  So this morning I decided to defy my pack-rat ways, and eliminate a few magazines from my pile.  It was painful, I felt as though each magazine was an old friend: "Hello August 2006 Vogue!", "Oh how I've missed you December/January 2005 InStyle!" or "Wow May 2004 Teen Vogue, you've really let yourself go!".  But before I even made it down into the 2007 era, I came upon a rather recent magazine in my pile:  May 2008 Domino. As I flipped through it, I found the most adorable bedding I have ever seen.



















Lorraine Kirke, a noted interior designer, designed this darling bedroom that happens to belong to her daughter, Lola.  The hot pink, tie-died masterpiece of a duvet is complemented by a hand-embroidered "Good Morning" pillow.  With a vintage Some Like It Hot movie poster hanging above the bed, this room is perfectly pink and fabulous.

My God, if only we all had East Hampton-ite interior designers for mothers, our bedrooms would certainly be a better place.

Tune of the Day:  Sleep by Azure Ray

Infinite Xs and Os,
Supercalifashionista

13 comments:

heartu,kisses said...

very shabby chic.
i'm more of a modern type girl.
but i love your blog! linking you now!

Supercalifashionista said...

Thank you so much! I'm such a beginner! But your compliments are much appreciated! I know, I actually went to a Shabby Chic store in Malibu, I seriously wanted to pack up and move into the store!

Miss at la Playa said...

haha, I loved your conversations with the magazines :D

I adore the pink linen!

Fashionably collaborative thought box said...

owh i love this bedding - the little cove bit above it looks super cosy! - definitionpoliticalspeakspace.blogspot.com x

Supercalifashionista said...

I know! I wish I had a cove in my room, but I sleep in our loft space!

yiqin; said...

I always wanted nice cute sheets but they are all so expensive my mother wouldn't buy them for me :(

meliindaa. said...

i like that
and how its tie-dye
i think it looks cooll

Supercalifashionista said...

I know! But the "Good Morning" pillow is my favorite!

Times of Glory said...

Thank you for stopping by and the lovely comment! The bedroom will guarantee Lola a good dream :) Everything is sweet and has lots of character - a bit original and with a modern twist! Great!!!!!!

Supercalifashionista said...

Thanks for the comment!

Anonymous said...

wow i love that bedding too! ive just started this whole thing but i love your page!

Madame Dior said...

omg that bed setting is lovely, very chic without trying to hard =]

Supercalifashionista said...

I know, the bedding looks so cozy too!