Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Trendy Ticket Taker













From now on, you may call me...The Trendy Ticket Taker.  Actually, no, scratch that, that's the type of name that gets you thrown in alleyways with a black eye.  Well anyway, after e-mailing the theater, I am now an official volunteer (a.k.a. ticket taker) at the Ruth Sokolof Theater:  Film Streams.













Film Streams is a nonprofit organization dedicated to culturally enriching Omaha through film, featuring independent, documentary, foreign and classic films.  The first time I went to Film Streams I saw the classically fabulous Some Like It Hot.  I instantly fell in love with the organization.

So now, alleyway thoughts aside, I am The Trendy Ticket Taker.  Not only do I receive community service hours, but I get a free pass to a movie of my choice.  Great.  I'll be going to a Doris Day movie by myself by the name of The Trendy Ticket Taker.



Tune of the Day:  Let's All Go To The Lobby (above)

Infinite Xs and Os,
Supercalifashionista

4 comments:

FabFashionista said...

It's an experience. =]

You commented and said how I was so lucky. Trust me! My boss is mean and it took tons of hard work and alot of searching on craigslist. But it was worth it!!

My best advice keep your options open and never ever give up!!

Enjoy and good luck!!

Marie said...

Sounds like a fun "volunteering" job! [:

And thank you for the complement. You have an extremely great blog, too.

meliindaa. said...

haha that sounds so...
hm.
sophisticated! hahaa
have funn

Supercalifashionista said...

Well I start tonight...And they said to bring lots of reading material, so I have a feeling it's going to be a little long!