Friday, June 27, 2008

Son, Ambulance

On my previous post where I listed my seven most recent songs, I left this one out:  Kaite Come True by Son, Ambulance and Bright Eyes, because I bought it about thirty seconds ago!













I was volunteering down at Film Streams on Monday.  Basically I rip people's tickets, and given that the movie times are at 4:00 PM, 4:30 PM, 6:30 PM and 7:00 PM, I have a lot of free time on my hands!  I usually spend it sneaking into a movie a little late (last week it was some Norwegian film called Reprise that was fantastic), but this time the same movies were playing as last time, so I spent my time talking with the concessions worker, Joe.  We did crossword puzzles, made bets (using ticket stubs as betting chips) on if one of the skateboarders lounging around outside was a guy or a girl and watched Saturday Night Live on Hulu.  Then, our conversation turned to music, which was when he handed me a Son, Ambulance sticker. He told me it was his band, I honestly figured that it was some tiny little band playing in a garage, but today when I looked up Son, Ambulance after finding the sticker on my floor, I found I was mistaken.  The band has released three successful albums, one with Bright Eyes!  Joe, turned out to be Joe Knapp (above, far right) of Son, Ambulance. He was far too modest about his musical endeavor. Son, Ambulance has gone on European tours, which Andrew Bird opened for.  With no better words to describe it, it's so cool!  I work with the lead singer of Son, Ambulance!  I mean, hey, sure, it's not that big of a deal. But I mean, I talked to this guy for three hours and I could never imagine him as such an amazing singer!

Tune of the Day:  Kaite Come True by Son, Ambulance and Bright Eyes, of course

Infinite Xs and Os,
Supercalifashionista

3 comments:

Marie said...

Wow, that's so weird. It's awesome how you didn't know and then later found out. Are you going to confront him? Well, that is really great and what a coincidence. Spectacular post!

Persianista said...

Anne! (:
How are you sweetie! It's Catherine Gabel. I was looking at Alice Kim's blog (It's an addiction...along with gum haha) and I saw that you commented! I started up a blog, in hopes mine might be as half as good as yours! Well I applied for a fall internship also to Trocadero! I hope to see you soon!

Supercalifashionista said...

Thank you for the comments you two!

fashion's the word: Well, he was the one who told me about the band, but yes...I'm going to tell me how amazing it is!

persianista: Catherine! You found me! Haha, I need to check out your blog soon hun!