Saturday, June 7, 2008

Not That I Would Ever Get a Tattoo, But...

















This morning I stayed true to my lazy summer morning ritual as I opened Safari to indulge in the ever guilty pleasure of Perez Hilton, celebrity gossip sights can be oh so addicting.  But before I could even scroll to my bookmarks, an eye palette on my Sephora homepage caught my eye.  That is when I came upon the Kat Von D makeup line.  The ink-covered tattoo mogul who stars in her own reality show, L.A. Ink, following her tattoo parlor in Los Angeles, has started a makeup line that has an old-Hollywood glamour with an urban L.A. edge.

I for one would never dare get a tattoo (needles aren't exactly my forte), but Kat Von D's line allows the needle-shy to feel as hardcore and rocker-chic as if they had been getting tattoos since they were fourteen (like Kat Von D) with her bold, daring line of eyeshadows, eyeliners, lipsticks and brushes.














My personal favorite piece of her line would have to be the "True Romance Eyeshadow Pallet" in "Beethoven".  The dark and sultry ebony, indigo, violet, mauve and coffee hues are capable of making even a Sunday school teacher feel like a tattoo-chic babe who rides on the back of her rockstar boyfriend's  Harley.

Tune of the Day:  The Seed (2.0) by The Roots & Cody Chesnut

Infinte Xs and Os,
Supercalifashionista

No comments: