Monday, June 9, 2008

Space-Age Swimwear

It came!  My joy of joys, my style bible, my one-hundred and seventy-four pages of bliss.  My June/July issue of Teen Vogue!  Actually it came about a month ago, but mommy-dearest set it in one of our accumulating piles of mail.  I just happened to salvage it from the wreckage this morning, plastic cover and all!  I'm trying to savor it, stretch out its fashionable goodness for the next two months.  So, I only took a peek as I plan to ravage it at the pool later this afternoon.

I looked at the Vision Quest spread, which translated the styles of Olympic competitors in various events to daring ensembles wearable only by the fashion fearless.  My two personal favorite inspirations were...

The beach volley ball look (below) - An Omo Norma Kamali swimsuit, Body Glove swim shorts, an Adidas Orignals track top and Oakley sunglasses create a "My-flying-saucer-crashed-on-the-beach!", yet slick, chic look.  















And the fencing look (below) - A Helmut Lang tank top, anorak and cropped pants, American Apparel leggings and Veronique Leroy platform shoes create a futuristic take on an age-old sport.














This is my version of the beach volleyball look (below), something a fifteen-year-old girl could wear on a summer day without being considered a space cadette - An American Apparel bikini, Nike board shorts, an Old Navy hoodie and Forever 21 aviators.




















This is my translation of the translation of the fencing look (below), fashionably fierce as a jousting Olympian, yet certainly doable for everyday wear - A Kimchi & Blue top, a Lacoste cardigan, Lux bermuda shorts and Tory Burch flats.




















Take these looks from the Olympic games to the pages of Teen Vogue to your closet.

Tune of the Day:  International by Chali 2na (Featuring Beenie Man)

Infinite Xs and Os,
Supercalifashionista

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I wish I could fence. =) And I'm glad you like Tegan and Sara.

Hey, would you like to exchange links?

Supercalifashionista said...

I would love too! See, I'm kind of a new blogger, so I basically have no idea what I'm doing! But I'll make one of those list things and add you!

heartu,kisses said...

holy crap! what great picks! i'm kind of obsessed! especially the nike shorts and old navy hoodie! ummm designer anyone? seriously though, how completely unexpected.

Supercalifashionista said...

Thanks, those Nike shorts are addictive: Once you buy a pair, you won't ever want to take them off! They are so incredibly comfy!

jasonbob said...

yeezy boost 350
hermes belt
golden goose francy
yeezy
off white hoodie
russell westbrook shoes
jordan retro
curry shoes
giannis antetokounmpo shoes
retro jordans